Flowers are nature’s wonderful creations. Their exotic bloom brings in freshness and fills our minds with hope and happiness. Flowers are the emblem of beauty and is the symbol of love, sacrifice, regard, respect, comfort and goodwill. The enchanting fragrance and the vibrant colors of the blossoms captivates and satisfies our senses and soul within. Flowers inspire us to live life fully and to be a source of joy to all!
EXIF: Aperture-f/5.6, Exposure time: 1/160Sec, ISO:100, Focal length:100mm Camera- Canon EOS Rebel T2i/ 550D
EXIF: Aperture-f/2.8, Shutter Speed: 1/60Sec, ISO:400, Focal length:100mm Camera- Canon EOS Rebel T2i/550D
EXIF: Aperture-f/3.2, Shutter Speed: 1/640Sec, ISO:640, Focal length:100mm Camera- Canon EOS Rebel T2i/550D
EXIF: Aperture-f/2.8, Shutter Speed: 1/1600Sec, ISO:400, Focal length:100mm Camera- Canon EOS Rebel T2i/550D
EXIF: Aperture-f/6.3, Shutter Speed: 1/200Sec, ISO:160, Focal length:55mm Camera- Canon EOS Rebel T2i/550D
EXIF: Aperture-f/14, Shutter Speed: 1/125Sec, ISO:160, Focal length:250mm Exposure bias:-0.7 step Camera- Canon EOS Rebel T2i/550D
EXIF: Aperture-f/5.6, Shutter Speed: 1/400Sec, ISO:250, Focal length:250mm Camera- Canon EOS Rebel T2i/550D
EXIF:Aperture-f/5.6, Shutter Speed: 1/60Sec, ISO:200, Focal length:235mm Camera- Canon EOS Rebel T2i/550D
Type: Floral/Flower Photography
Tips & Tricks:
- Place the object(flower) appropriately in the frame (Composition)
- Shoot as many as possible (in diff Perspective/ angle too)! You may crop & move as required in post-processing stage. Go down on your knees to take the shot at the flower level!
- Look at the big picture and decide on the background or Isolate the object from background clutter & distractions. Also the lens (Macro/ Tele-photo/ Wide Angle)
- Don’t miss the opportunity to capture natural patterns/ beautiful details
- To have the object in focus stand out (highlighted), go for shallow depth of field /wider aperture(Small f-stop)
- Lighting plays a major role in floral photography; Natural light is good. Otherwise go for reflector or flash with diffuser. On a sunny day during outdoor shoot, consider underexpose by -1 stop to capture the details of the object. ISO to 100 or so
- If situation demands, focus abstract or macro photography
- You may also use the wind effect on flowers for creative photography. Capture the dancing flowers with slow shutter speed (1s or 2s). Neutral Density Filter can be considered
- Try time-lapse shot to capture the moments of flower blossom
- Use tripod to avoid shakes
I’d love to hear what you think about this post. Let me know in the comments.